random thoughts by the product of a conservative upbringing and a liberal education.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Valentine boohoos

So i spent Valentine's Day alone (again). Kill me. What am i missing out on anyway? Flowers, an expensive candlelit dinner, a more expensive gift, and multiple orgasms. All of which i can get even without a steady boyfriend. Hah.
I was out with a younger guy yesterday. His name is John Mark. He was saying that before he finally marries someone he'd rather that he and his girl live together for a while before taking the plunge; like a trial period before finally purchasing the product. And when he finds that they are compatible, then they marry; if not, they can always part ways with no strings attached. A workable theory only that somewhere along the way emotions get in the way and everything gets messed up. One or both of the people involved inevitably get hurt. If only when we enter into a relationship we can present our partners with a disclaimer: "emotions sold separately."
So why are we so hung up on that thing called love? I don't know. But Tita Barbara (Streisand) said it best in The Mirror Has Two Faces, love..."while it lasts, it feels great."

2 Comments:

Blogger Kolbe said...

Let me be the first to say this - "Living together before marriage is a very bad idea, I did it, it broke me, I refuse to do it again."

There are many reasons why, but I'll just give you the single most important one:

You will either love and accept this person for who they are, or you wont. That will never change the fact that they [do something annoying] when you live with them. :)

\\kolzen\

March 3, 2005 at 10:05 AM

 
Blogger categorically imperative said...

hmm...i lived with my boyfriend for three years before he knocked me up. Hehe. But i have no regrets. Oi stelle, magpakasawa ka muna sa pagkadalaga.

March 6, 2005 at 9:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home